Good simple fresh food!
We pride ourselves on good simple fresh food. Many of our dishes are prepared on our chargrill and grilled steaks, meat and fish are our speciality. Our menus change frequently which allows us to take advantage of seasonal produce. We endeavour to use local suppliers wherever possible such as our butcher, Pete Jefferies, who is just around the corner.
We serve food seven days per week, lunch and dinner. Sunday roast is a real favourite with four choices of roast plus steaks, fish and vegetarian options. Families are always welcome and we provide half portions for children.
Monday to Saturday lunchtimes we offer our main menu along with a Lunch Specials menu which includes a range of light dishes at only £7, as well as a selection of sandwiches.
We can also prepare buffet menus to suit the occasion and budget. Please call in to discuss.
Please see our menus below which are subject to change.
- Homemade Soup of the Day with Toast 4.50
- Chicken Liver and Mushroom Pâté with Sourdough Toast and Rhubarb and Date Chutney 5.50
- Crispy Szechuan Pepper Squid with Aioli 6.00
- Scallops Wrapped in Bacon with Garlic and Herb Butter and Sourdough Toast 6.00
- Grilled Goat’s Cheese on Crostini with Red Onion Jam, Pine Nuts and Honey 5.50
- Courgette and Onion Bhajis with Mango and Coriander Soured Cream 5.50
- 20oz Rump Steak for two to share 32.00
- Fillet Steak 6oz / 8oz 19.00 / 24.00
- Sirloin Steak 8oz / 10oz 17.00 / 19.50
- Rump Steak 8oz / 12oz 15.00 / 19.50
- Surf ‘n Turf : 6oz Rump Steak with Grilled King Prawns 14.50
- The Royal Grill: Gammon, 6oz Rump Steak, Sausage, Grilled Chicken and a Fried Egg 21.00
- Gammon Steak with Fresh Pineapple and a Fried Egg 14.00
- Thai Marinated Beef with Carrot, Cucumber and Spring Onions 6.50 / 12.00
- Caesar Salad; Cos Lettuce, Anchovies, Croutons, Parmesan and Caesar Dressing 5.50 / 10.00
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Cauliflower with Chickpeas, Pomegranate Seeds and Tahini 6.00 / 11.00
Our homemade Burgers are served with Chips and House Slaw
- 8oz Royal Beef Burger with a choice of two toppings 13.00
- Chicken Fillet Burger with a choice of two toppings 13.00
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burger with Halloumi and Sweet Pepper Sauce 12.00
All mains are served with a choice of Chips, Jacket Potato or New Potatoes except where items come served with a side dish (marked with *)
- Royal Pie of the Day with a Puff Pastry Lid and Seasonal Vegetables 13.00
- Slow Roast Pork Belly, Braised Red Cabbage and a Cider and Apple Sauce 14.50
- Roasted Chicken Supreme with a Lemon, Pepper and Garlic Cream Sauce 14.00
- Pan Fried Sea Bass with Tomato Salsa Verde and Pea and Mint Risotto* 15.00
- Baked Hake in Breadcrumbs with Minted Crushed Peas and Tartare Sauce 15.50
- Roasted Cauliflower, Smoked Cheddar and Spring Onion Tart with a Roasted Garlic and Tomato Salsa 12.00
- Butternut Squash and Five Bean Chipotle Chilli, Basmati Rice, Guacamole and Homemade Tortilla Chips* 12.00
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Ice Cream or Cream 5.50
- Chocolate Banoffee Pie with Raspberry Sauce 5.50
- Raspberry Crème Brûlée with Shortbread Biscuits 5.50
- Crumble of the Day served with Custard 5.50
- Cheesecake of the Day 5.50
- Royal Waffle with Vanilla Ice Cream, Cream, Toffee Sauce and Fudge6.50
- A selection of Winstones Ice Creams or Sorbets 5.00
(Monday to Saturday)
- Ham, Free Range Egg and Chips 7.00
- Beer Battered Cod and Chips 7.00
- Pan Fried Lambs Liver with Streaky Bacon, Onion Gravy and Mashed Potato 7.00
- Pea and Mint Risotto with Parmesan 7.00
- Homemade Fish Finger with Tartare Sauce 6.00
- Grilled Steak and Onions 6.50
- Classic Chicken Caesar 6.00
- Halloumi and Roasted Vegetables with Tomato Salsa 5.50
- Indian Bhaji Wrap with Mango and Coriander Soured Cream 5.50
Served on your choice of White, Granary, Ciabatta Bread or Tortilla Wrap.
Add a portion of Chips with any Sandwich choice for just 2.00