Good simple fresh food!
We pride ourselves on good simple fresh food. Many of our dishes are prepared on our chargrill and grilled steaks, meat and fish are our speciality. Our menus change frequently which allows us to take advantage of seasonal produce. We endeavour to use local suppliers wherever possible such as our butcher, Pete Jefferies, who is just around the corner.
We serve food seven days per week, lunch and dinner. Sunday roast is a real favourite with four choices of roast plus steaks, fish and vegetarian options. Families are always welcome and we provide half portions for children.
Monday to Saturday lunchtimes we offer our main menu along with a Lunch Specials menu which includes a range of light dishes at only £7, as well as a selection of sandwiches.
We can also prepare buffet menus to suit the occasion and budget. Please call in to discuss.
Please see our menus below which are subject to change.
- Homemade Soup of the Day with Toast 4.50
- Grilled Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce 6.00
- Whole King Prawns in Garlic Butter with Crusty Bloomer Bread 6.50
- Crispy Fried Whitebait with Mustard Mayonnaise 5.50
- Grilled Goat’s Cheese on Crostini with Red Onion Jam, Pine Nuts and Honey 5.50
- Mushrooms in a Port and Stilton Sauce on Toasted Ciabatta 5.50
- 18oz Chateaubriand for two to share 48.00
- Fillet Steak 6oz / 8oz 19.00 / 24.00
- Sirloin Steak 8oz / 10oz 17.00 / 19.50
- Rump Steak 8oz / 12oz 15.00 / 19.50
- Surf ‘n Turf : 6oz Rump Steak with Grilled King Prawns 14.50
- The Royal Grill: Gammon, 6oz Rump Steak, Sausage, Grilled Chicken and a Fried Egg 21.00
- Gammon Steak with Fresh Pineapple and a Fried Egg 14.00
- Thai Marinated Beef with Carrot, Cucumber and Spring Onions 6.50 / 12.00
- Supersalad : Avocado, Broccoli, Mooli, Red Quinoa, Spinach Leaves and
Mixed Seeds in a Blackberry and Chilli Dressing 6.00 / 11.00
- Grilled Chicken, Crispy Bacon and Avocado with Honey and Mustard Dressing 6.50 / 12.00
- Stilton, Pear and Walnut with Sweet Balsamic and Port Dressing 5.50 / 10.00
Our homemade Burgers come with Burger Sauce and Pickles and are served with Chips and House Slaw
- 8oz Royal Beef Burger with a choice of two toppings 13.00
- Chicken Fillet Burger with a choice of two toppings 13.00
- Spiced Falafel with Coriander Soured Cream 12.00
All mains are served with a choice of Chips, Jacket Potato or New Potatoes except where items come served with a side dish (marked with *)
- Royal Pie of the Day with a Puff Pastry Lid and Seasonal Vegetables 13.00
- Grilled Chicken Satay with Coriander Rice and Spicy Peanut Sauce* 14.00
- Slow Roast Pork Belly Buttered Greens and a Cider and Apple Sauce 14.50
- Whole Torbay Sole, Minted Peas and a Crayfish and Dill Sauce 15.50
- Roasted Salmon Fillet with a Lemon and Basil Crust 15.00
- Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff* with Wild Rice 11.00
- Roasted Vegetable, Spinach and Feta Wellington with a Herb and Tomato Sauce 12.00
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Ice Cream or Cream 5.50
- Chocolate and Orange Tart with Raspberry Sauce and Clotted Cream 5.50
- Rhubarb and Gin Panna Cotta with Rhubarb Compote 5.50
- Crumble of the Day served with Custard 5.50
- Cheesecake of the Day 5.50
- Royal Waffle with Vanilla Ice Cream, Cream, Toffee Sauce and Fudge 6.50
- A selection of Winstones Ice Creams or Sorbets 5.00
(Monday to Saturday)
- Ham, Free Range Egg and Chips 7.00
- Beer Battered Haddock and Chips 7.00
- Faggots and Mash with Onion Gravy 7.00
- Cherry Tomato and Spinach Linguini with Basil, Chilli and Parmesan Shavings 7.00
- Homemade Fish Finger with Tartare Sauce 6.00
- Grilled Steak and Onions 6.50
- Chicken, Bacon and Avocado 6.00
- Goat’s Cheese and Roasted Vegetables with Pesto Dressing 5.50
- Spiced Falafel Wrap with Coriander Soured Cream 5.50
Served on your choice of White, Granary, Ciabatta Bread or Tortilla Wrap.
Add a portion of Chips with any Sandwich choice for just 2.00